In this section, on-going projects are briefly summarized. They are
based on cooperations from the VirtualLiver Network. Partly, they are
not finished and should be continued on the condition of further
Investigations on mouse hepatocyte cultures
Treating primary mouse hepatocytes with cytokines or other stimuli to
elucidate the reaction in liver regeneration, inflammation, and
- HGF and IL-6, cytokines important in liver regeneration, see this section
- TGFβ, a cytokine with a functional role in liver regeneration, is also a critical factor in alcoholic liver cirrhosis and other live diseases, see this section.
Investigations on human hepatocyte cultures
- Statins, pharmaceuticals to the reduction of serum cholesterol levels. [poster, Talk]
- Mechanisms of the hepatocyte's resonse to intoxication, agonists of PXR CAR and PPARα transcription factors.
Investigation of mouse livers
Cholestatic disease elucidated from
time resolved cellular and molecular responses
in livers of bile duct ligated mice. [poster].
Investigation of human liver biopsies
- Transcriptional footprint of Obesity, Steatosis and
Steatohepatititis on hepatocytes. Analysis of transriptome data from
human liver biopsies. The patients suffer Steratosis and
Steatohepatitis, other are morbidly obese, some have a healthy
liver. The analysis pinpoints previosuly unidentified molecular